Career opportunities at Grunder Landscaping Company
Do you want to grow in a professional environment? We provide competitive wages, health insurance, paid vacation, 401k, a fun work environment, well-maintained equipment and an organized facility.
We have openings in these areas:
Experienced Team Leaders
- Manages a team of two or more team members, including handling personnel issues on site and training team members on policies and procedures.
- Plans and organizes the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also, ensures that job is completed in the most time-efficient manner and within budgeted hours.
- Reads landscaping blueprints, reviews plan with designer, and implements the landscape construction plan.
- Routinely interacts with clients by way of introductions at the beginning of a job, answering questions, responding to client requests, making reasonable changes to the plan, and providing a walk-through at the job’s completion.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Completes the necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, change orders, material requisitions, and client tickets.
- Briefs supervisors and makes recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to skid steers, mini-skid steers, tillers, sod cutters, string trimmers, plant augers, and chain saws. Trains team members in equipment operations.
- Operates automatic and manual transmission vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies mechanic of needed repairs.
- Applies chemicals under the direction of licensed custom applicator.
Knowledge & Experience:
- This position requires a high school degree or GED, plus one year’s experience in the landscaping field.
- Candidate must be able to read and write.
- The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, plant health care, and fertilization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, math skills, job planning skills, and mechanical aptitude are a must.
This position requires that the individual be or become certified and licensed as follows:
- Ohio Nursery & Landscaping Association Certification (ONLA).
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A.
- First aid / cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Landscape Sales Professional
- Generate new leads and conduct initial client consultation
- Perform all phases of the sales/design process, including client meetings, cost estimates, proposals and project presentation
- Organization of project materials and site details
- Ensure accurate field verifications, measurements and analysis
- Coordination with clients, production and subcontractors
- Uphold the values of Grunder Landscaping, which include quality, leadership, teamwork and profitability
- Degree in landscape architecture or landscape design required, or equivalent
- Proficiency in AutoCad and Microsoft Office products; willingness and ability to learn proprietary software and other programs as necessary
- Firm understanding of landscape plant material appropriate for the Ohio region; construction products, procedures and techniques; and proper planting techniques
- Experience of installing plants and/or hardscaping materials a plus
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and a good driving record
Background and driving checks required.
How to Apply:
Grunder Landscaping Company
1900 Old Byers Road
Miamisburg, Ohio 45342
(if you are unable to print the application form, feel free to fill it out when you visit our office)
Our office is open 8 AM-4:30 PM Monday-Friday.